Perfect for Halloween, or any time of the year! This Scary Spider Courgette Pizza Bites recipe has been created for doddl by Adam from At Dad’s Table. One to really help with getting your children involved in the preparation of their food.
“Check these out for some scary Halloween snacks! Scarily healthy that is! (Sorry.)
More importantly, my almost 4-year-old cut up a huge courgette all by himself using his doddl knife. I didn’t need to help him at all. It’s completely safe too, doddl knives are designed to cut through food, not little hands, so I don’t need to worry. Giving him tasks to do like this is so great for his confidence and his sense of ownership too.
You might have seen Benji using doddl cutlery in a lot of my videos on @at_dads_table on Instagram, they’re really helping him learn how to hold a fork and spoon. Well now you can see that the knives are also great for bigger kids to start preparing their own food! I think I’ll put my feet up.
Enjoy making these Scary Spider Courgette Pizza Bites!”
Makes 12-16 pieces
Prep time 10 mins, cooking time 10 mins
20-25 black olives
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F. Top and tail the courgette then slice into 5mm discs. Place on a baking tray
- Spread a thin layer of passata over the top of each courgette disc.
- Grate the mozzarella and sprinkle over the passata
- Cut a few olives in half and place 1 on each disc forming the body of the spider
- Thinly slice the remaining olives and use 6 pieces as the legs for each spider
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes
Tag us @doddl with a photo if you have a go at this recipe!
Don’t forget to check out our other doddl recipes here.